Monday, May 7, 2012

Retail Therapy + Food + Friends = One happy Shaunzi.

Hello readers! This past weekend was the best way to spend the last little bit of my break before going back to school. It all started out with me tagging along with some friends to see the Avengers, sort of against my will. You see, I've never been a huge fan of superhero movies. If you haven't noticed yet I'm a little bit of a girly girl so I tend to watch the chick-flicks. However, I'm SO glad my friends convinced me to go! I loved the movie with all my heart. The story line was awesome, the action was amazing and all the men were extremely attractive. I must admit, I've watched a total of three superhero movies since Thursday night and I may have read up on all the superheroes since I've never known a lot of their backgrounds. My nerd level has officially increased by ten points. If you haven't seen it yet, I strongly recommend it. If you're not into action movies just go to watch a total of 5 gorgeous men fight it out!
{Who doesn't want to see this face for 2 and half hours?}
Friday I went on a fabulous girl date. I was introduced or "set-up" with Bri Rios through a mutual best friend, Sterling Randle, who is currently serving a mission for our church. Bri is an adorable blogger over at Breezy Days and she actually did a guest post here a few weeks ago. We'd been blog stalking each other for over a month so we decided it was time to finally meet up. I had SO much fun! We clicked instantly just like Sterling said we would. We have a lot in common and it was a blast to just sit chatting about boys, fashion, her hubby, our majors, stories we'd heard about each other and so much more. After three hours we decided to run over to Ross and my love for her grow even more when we tried on shoes together, she even got me on the wedge train! {Pictures to come!}
Even though we only just met I really admire Bri. I think she possesses so many of the qualities I've always wanted and worked really hard to attain. She's extremely confident in the person she is. Sometimes, I think it's hard for girls to show that they're confident without appearing arrogant or self-centered. However, Bri isn't either of those things. She simply knows who she is. She knows what she believes and how she's going to live her life and she's happy with it! I completely love that! Her understanding of life, the gospel, growth, optimism, her sarcastic personality that matches mine, and her relationship with the hubby are just a few other things that I love about this girl! Thanks Bri for the fun date and the start of a new friendship! You've taught me so much already! I hope we get to know each other better and continue this friendship. You're awesome girl!

{Sadly no picture was taken of the event}


3 comments:

Emma said...

Love it. Love you! And most of all, I love Robert Downey, jr! Next up, we have to watch Captain America. You will love it.

Emily said...

Darling girl Shaunz,

I love that you watched Avengers. I love that you loved it. Probably one of the top ten moments of my life was when you texted me saying Joss Whedon was your hero. I've been waiting so long to hear you say those words! So has Sterling Adison Randall. Love you love this post!

Shaunzi said...

Randle.