Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Say What?!

This weekend I got to see my awesome brother-in-law graduate from UVU with a BA in Graphic Design. Seriously, he and my sister are pretty legit. I mean, they have the cutest little girls ever and he got them to walk with him in their own little caps and gowns! (Props to the madre) I'm so proud of their little family. They are some of the best parents in the world, they work themselves to death and they're two of my best friends. Abby and Bella are two lucky girls! Mandy, like I've said in so many posts, is one of my greatest role models I've ever had. I hope to grow to have even a little bit of the courage, kindness, love, faith, and dedication that she possesses.


I guess the combination of the graduation, a wedding, and a farewell of some close friends got me thinking about my life. I've been pondering about my hopes and dreams. I know what I want out of life and I don't think I could have said that a few years ago. And guess what? I've finally figured out that what I want is actually exactly what Heavenly Father wants for me! How cool is that? With all of that mind, I've been getting excited for school to start  up again, excited to continue the path to one of my biggest dreams. I was looking at a syllabus for one of my new classes and I had a completely different thought pop into my head. Have you ever had that happen to you?  Do you stop and wonder if that thought was just a random happenstance or if it was something you were meant to hear? What if God wants me to do something I had given up on a long time ago, something that excites me and scares me more than anything I've ever known? What if God may want me to be doing something crazy for the next little while? What if that same thing mean I might miss out on something I've wanted for a LONG time? Well, I better go start praying!!
(Sorry for the vague post. I just had a lot of thoughts to get out and this is my form of a journal.)