Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Breezy Days on Relationships

Hey everyone! Since I'm getting into my finals I haven't had a ton of time to post. Not to worry though, I went shopping last weekend and pictures are coming soon. A few weeks ago I started following {more like stalking} the lovely Bri Rios. I love her blog because she's extremely confident in both herself and her relationship. I've learned a lot in the short time I've been reading. Enjoy!

Hi all you Serendipitous readers!
My name is Bri Rios, and I'm the gal behind the lifestyle/fashion blog, Breezy Days.

I'm a short & sassy So-Cal girl, who is married to a Mexican man from Montana.
Ryan and I are almost to a whoooole year of marriage! {Come June 4th}


Shaunzi has asked me to answer some dating-esque questions. 
I've dated my fair share of weirdos, gone through some lovely relationships & flings, and have finally found the man I've always wanted. {And I didn't settle one bit!}


If you want to see some of my other  no nonsense dating advice posts check here, and here.
 I also write installments of Ryan and I's story.
From the day we met, fell in love, and found our happily ever after. 

1. What is the best dating advice you can give?
I would say, date smart. Don't wear those rose colored glasses for too long. 
If you want the relationship to actually go somewhere, pay attention to what traits and characteristics you like and don't like in the person you are dating. 
What is he like when he is sick? How does he deal with stress? What is he like when you two fight? What can make or break a relationship? 
Don't be the dumb girl who gets married cause she is bored, then realizes a year or two down the road that you didn't know exactly what you were getting in to.


2. How do you feel you caught Ryan's attention?
Well, I was at a point in my life when I was sick and tired of dating stupid guys, and even worrying about impressing guys in general. 
So I wasn't very concerned with what guys thought of me and I was just gonna do whatever the heck I wanted and was going to improve myself first. 
Ryan loves that I can adjust to most any social situation, that I'm confident in my abilities, and that I make him laugh. So pretty much being AWESOME.
Check out "The Story of Us" to hear the full story.


3. What is the most important part of a relationship?
Wow. That is a hard question! I would say that some of the most important parts would be: making each other laugh, communication, forgiving each other, and sticking it out together. 
Ryan and I have been some really rocky trials this past year, and I have found that when we get stressed, like any couple, we start to "snip" at each other. 
We don't ever intentionally hurt each others feelings, but when we accidentally do; we talk about it, forgive each other and follow with an increase in love {hugs and kisses!}. 
Also, I find that when I'm stressed or nervous, laughing is definitely the best remedy to get my mind off the stress! Meaning, I need a hilarious partner in crime to keep me sane!
Knowing that I always have someone there by my side to help carry the burden, makes every trial that much easier to conquer. Which is why I'm eternally hitched to my best friend.
Ya, he's not goin anywhere ;)

Bri

No comments: