Thursday, May 10, 2012

American Honey

Today I've decided to have one of my old friends guest post. Bekah and I went to the same high school where we shared so many experiences while being in stu co and choir together. She's a genuinely kind, smart, and happy person. She has a relaxed style that I've never quite been able to pull off. Enjoy her tips on those summer essentials! 

******************

Hey ya'll my name is Beka and I blog over at American Honey!


I'm flattered that Shaunzi asked me to guest post on her blog. She is so stinkin' cute don't you think? If I had her style I would probably be able to die happy. Last summer, I was in Uganda (read about it here) and loved every second of it! I wore skirts and t shirts every day so my "summer style" was pretty cramped. 


So, although my style is much more casual and tom-boyish than Shaunzi's, here are a few items of clothing that make my Summer Essentials list.


Tops:
V necks - I just get the packs from Target or you can buy colored one for cheap from Target or old Navy.
Flannel/Plaid Shirts - These are perfect for those chilly nights or if you are headed to a rodeo.  I'm excited to wear mine when me and my friends do bonfires and go camping!
Cardigan - If you still wanna look cute for that date night/movie night/or just on a cloudy day a cardigan is the perfect way to keep your outfit classy, but also stay warm.


Bottoms: 
I think it's pretty simple. I hate shorts. The knee length thing makes me look like twice as short as I already am. So i usually steer clear.
Jeans - something comfortable- I love the Jeans from F21 and Cotton On
Skirts - If you are like me and have to wear something nice to work, skirts dress up an outfit while keeping it cool.


Shoes:
Chacos - This reveals that I am not the fashionista that Shaunzi is, but seriously these sandals are awesomespice! I wore them every single day in uganda and they have seen it all- from the insides of ugandan hospitals to hiking up and down muddy mountainsides. These sandals will last you forever and are great for any outdoor summer activity- camping, boating, hiking, etc.
Flats - A little more dressy than flip flops and perfect for a cooler day.
Boat Shoes - I'm obsessed but I love these. They aren't too hot and look cute on a casual outfit.
Sandals - These are a must. I'm cheap so i stick with old navy, f21, or payless.



Now go out and have some adventures!!!

1 comment:

Audriana Payne said...

Love the post good tips!!