Friday, April 6, 2012

Past, Present, Future

I've been thinking about what to write about for quite a while now. I have a few girls that will be doing guest posts soon, speaking of which, if any of you want to be a guest I would love to have you!  (Hint, hint...Ashley, Bri, Audri, Beka, Sammi, and Mandy) Anyway, as I was saying I've been thinking a lot about what I was going to post about since I've been on quite a few adventures since I last posted. A few of those being: conference weekend spent in SLC, Zorro with the Madre, multiple adventures with the roommates, and an amazing spring break with Sophie (which included this fabulous trip to the St. George temple.) Random side note- Did you know that they used to have apartments on the top floor of this temple for couples to stay in the night after they got sealed? Talk about an awkward first night. Also, I think we both look pretty dang sexy in this picture. Don't you agree? My dress and belt are from H&M, cardigan is from Old Navy (and yes I'm completely in love with animal print at the moment.) shoes are from Forever 21. If you want to know what the dear roommate is wearing, which I'm sure you do because she looks great, I'll get the details from her later.
 
Anyway, as you can see I have a lot of catching up to do as far as blogging goes. But that may just have to wait until after finals are over. In the meantime these are my thoughts for the night. One year ago today my roommates performed an act that was truly inspired. They'll never know how incredibly grateful I am to them. Through this act my life has changed so much. I'm a completely different person than I was then, and for the better. I love who I am now and I can't wait to see what the future holds, how much more I can progress. That's what I love about this gospel, we ALWAYS have room to grow and become more of the person God intends for us to be. For that reason I've decided to make a few new goals and post them for the world to see. That way, maybe I'll feel a little more responsible to keep them. Then I'll come back and tell all my dear readers how I'm doing on them. Here goes...
  • Continue to attend the gym after Sophie leaves. 
  • Run my half marathon in July
  • Attend the temple weekly
  • Cook a healthy, well-rounded meal 3 times a week
  • Finish the Book of Mormon by June 10th
  • Find a job
  • Live on a budget
  • Receive a 4.0 for summer term
  • Put others above myself, especially my wonderful family
  • Be more kind and thoughtful to my roommates and best friends (especially "the missionary")
  • Serve in my calling more faithfully
  • Don't waste as much time
  • Make morning prayer more of a habit
  • Continue to recognize growth in myself and thank my Savior for allowing me to progress and change. 
That's it for tonight dear readers. Have a great Easter weekend!!
- Shaunz

1 comment:

www.OgazFamily.blogspot.com said...

Ok, ok...so what am I supposed to write about???