Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Am My Hair


***Warning. This post became extremely lengthy with all the pics. But I promise you if you make it to the end you'll have a good laugh.

I've been thinking recently about how my hair will be while I'm on the mission. I think I have a tentative idea after many hours of searching on pinterest.  But since I value all ya'll's opinions I'm going to let you help me decide. I've made quite a few changes to my hair in recent years. It seems like every time I saw someone for a while there the constant question was, "Did you dye your hair?"I thought it would be fun to see all my 'dos in chronological order. Then ya'll can decide what you like the best on me, or if you want me to try something new. Please post a link to a pic!!

Let's start off in about the 9th grade. I must say, this is one of my faves.

 {The Shaunzi original, A-line bob in natural color}


My hair stayed pretty much the same throughout high school, senior year it was SUPER LONG but still untouched by the hair color addiction.
{Long for me}


{Senior dinner dance}


As graduation approached my best friend and I decided to dye our hair for the first time. I love my hair this length and color. The problem I had was that it always faded to a bronzy red. No me gusta. Anyone have a fix for that?

{Black and white party}

My first semester of college I went a lil' cray cray and decided to try the "I'm a freshman girl so I think I need to have a bright colored streak in my hair to show my rebellion" fad. It's a little hard to spot in this picture but that bright pink line back there... yeah that's my real hair.

{Freshman year USU Howl}


Christmas break I decided I needed a change. I chopped it all off and put in a few different colors.

{Night out on the town with the roomies.}

Summer came and I got a change once again. Just a little shorter and more red. 

{Road trippin' it.}

Then Christmas came again. Notice a pattern? Semester ends... relax after finals... dye my hair. 
This is one of my favorites. My parentals had a hard time with it. I (and a particular boy) loved it. It was uber dark with PURPLE highlights. Rad. 

{Baby Addi's blessing}

This next one was drastic. I think it kinda speaks for itself. 

{Farmer's Market}

I decided to go a little more main-stream after that one but still have a little bit of funk. 
I'm in the middle.

{Junior year USU roommates}

And here we are today. 

{Mission pic}

Wow. That was long. If you're still with me, congratulations. You get to see what I want to do with it now!!
This cut. 

{Manageable for the mission and still adorbs}

With this color.

{Going back to my roots}

Well there you have it! What do ya'll think? Any one style you particularly love on me? Do you agree with my choices for the mission?

P.S. 
For your viewing entertainment. This is what happens when your hair is super short and you put curler in your hair against your roommate's better judgment. Also, when you have no time to make it look half decent in the morning after doing so. Pretty sure this is what my hair would look like if I was black. 





4 comments:

Nikole said...

Dye it purple again!! :)

Beka said...

i like the 9th grade cut. it's my fav by far. but i also like what you have in mind with the shoulder length hair. that's what i wanna do eventually :)

Unknown said...

I like that pic & color on Olivia Palermo :) So cute!!!

Jody Lynn said...

i'm really loving your 9th grade cut. :)